Monday, January 6, 2014

Gelli printing and Quoth the Raven

ok so have some awesome stuff to share with you guys today....so I have been wanting a Gelli plate for quite some time now, and I was messing around on youtube the other day and came across a TON of videos about Gelli plates and then some on how to make them yourself (score! because they are so expensive) I was worried about them not lasting until I found a video that said if you mix glycerine and alcohol with the gelatine it will last so thats what I did...I put it in a disposable baking dish (its what I had) and let it set for 3 hrs and YAY it worked!






here are a few prints



  
this is my fave
 and here is an art journal page I made from one of my prints using all Smeared Ink stamps...they are from the Quoth the raven set.
oh and I made some masks and stamps and stuff and I made a mask of the raven and then stamped over it...I like how it turned out and I can't wait until I have more time tomorrow to play!

6 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

love love this Kapree. thanks for sharing.
susan

ike said...

FABULOUS... I am glad it came out OK and the print is awesome !!!
I hope you are going to enter this over at QUOTH THE RAVEN Challenge #28. :-)

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
My Shop: www.ikesart.com
My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

Matney said...

Okay so what are the measurements??? Going to have to find that tut!! Awwweeeessssooommme!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW, how cool! Wished I'd seen this earlier and I could have saved Santa some money. LOL Fabulous prints. Can't wait to play with mine. xxD

GrĂ¡inne said...

Looks good, absolutely great! Very well done :-) for me it's too much mess with the diy gelli (although I like diy alternatives to expensive things, but I have my limits, too), I got two of them as gifts and the biggest one was a bargain :-D I'm very happy with them. Suzanne xx

Unknown said...

I just love the different prints you've made, I'll definitely have to give this a try! And your page is fabulously done, I really love odd color combinations and pops of color, and that green peeking out from behind is just amazing. There is such depth to this page!