Thursday, August 25, 2011

Octobat

Today I have a fun card for you...
well it was fun to make :)

you may remember this paper that I made a little bit ago for a smeared Ink prject...well here it is again...in another smeared ink project...ha ha perfect matches what can I say...

I used my new Creature feature image Octobat
I colored her with markers and pencils, I then added some puffy paint...and just kinda played around making swirly seaweed like stuff....like I said it was fun to make...

I had several challenges in mind...
first is the Forever Night challenges...it is to use mythical women...ya she's mythical...
Next is the Graphicat Sketches...self explanatory...
then there is Haunted Design House...carnival of Curiosities....thus the freak show and again the Octobat...
then there are a few anything goes challenges (that I love) Paper Playtime, Stamps R Us
and at Order of the Opus Gluei they have a Seaside challenge
and Hooked on Craft Challenges challenges us to use things with wings.

11 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, your card turned out great! I love the colors you used, and you made that paper?! Cool!

Andrea C said...

That bat winged mermaid thing is just brilliant. Superb colours etc. Thanks for playing along with macabre monday this week x

Carol L said...

What a very unique and interesting card with such a cool background! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I am totally digging that back ground paper. Awesome colors!
Thanks for joining us this week for MM.
Big hugs to your little squash baby!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh my! she is quite the freak. I LOVE her! Fab background paper too. Thanks for joining the Minions this week. xxD

Gini said...

Wowwee she certainly is a strange mixture of creatures, your colouring has turned her into a very dramatic character and I love your handmade background!
Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
Gini
xx

Jenny said...

I am sure that this was fun to make. Octobat is crazy! Crazy fun! Thanks for joining in with us at Hookedoncraft.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Great project!

Rosemary said...

Your blog is fun! You made me giggle with Vampire Bill and Eric (double swoon) and the baby fruit/veggie ticker is pretty cute - congrats and sorry you have to be on iron but glad you are to keep you strong.

Now, about this card - oh my gosh, it looks like you enjoyed yourself. Poor girl, I think she knows what you wrote about her and is a bit stunned! Great card, fun, and a little off the wall (which is ALWAYS a good thing).

Thank you for finding us at Opus Gluei and sharing, now you have to try and stop by for more challenges!

blackdragon said...

Hello my dear Kapree and little Millicent.... thank you for playing along at HDH this week.... i love that image and you've coloured it brilliantly.
Much love auntie BD xxx

Unknown said...

Your card is great! Thank you for joining us at Forever Night Challenges " Mystical Women" week.