Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Bloody Valentine

Every year for Valentines day...for about the past 5 years...me and my DH have watched the movie My Bloody Valenti ne, this year it sparked an idea to create a valentine for him, and with a challenge on my fave blog titled "Love Bites" how could I resist making this


Don't ya love it?!?! I know I do, and my DH did as well...were twisted I know....

at the HDH the description of the challenge is "You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based project with a distinctly anti-romantic theme. We know there are dozens and dozens of challenge blogs out there that are challenging you to create loved-up sweet pink goo, and we want you to give your dark side a chance to bite back! Forbidden love, twisted desires, passionate revenge. Let your inner demon out and bludgeon that smug little cherub to death with his own arrows :P"

I thought this fit pretty well...the bloody handed boy holding the chocolate box is from StampInsanity...Sweet Henry isn't so sweet anymore now is he? The heart came from Smeared Ink's Quoth the Raven. I used markers and colored pencils, then for the heart I used markers, then some UTEE, I glued some tissue paper to the box and crumpled it up.

Thanks for taking a peek, and have a creepy great weekend!

Challenges I wish to enter this into:
HDH-Love bites
The Stamp Man Challenge- hearts
Stampin' Royalty- Mark It Up
Pear Tree Designs-Valentines
Stamps R Us- Valentines
Cards and More-hearts

*~UPDATE~*
I won!!!

8 comments:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh that's fab, lol, I LOVE your bloody chocolate box treat :D
Thanks for playing along with us at HDH again! :D

Andrea C said...

Wow it looks so gruesome (fantastic work). So original and brilliant. Thanksf or playing along with Macabre Monday and for making it gruesome hehe x

Marilyn Webb said...

Great job, and oh-so-creepy!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps R Us.
hugs Marilyn

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I really admire how yo made that heart look so wet and real. Like it was just ripped out of some dumb boy's chest! LOVE it!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at HDH.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Alison said...

This is so cool! I love how gooshy (a tecnical term) the heart looks! Freakin' awesome!

Doris P. said...

OmG, how scary is this ?! But cooool! Thanks for joining us at CuM!
Hugs
Doris

Lisa said...

Oh I just love this. Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man.