Monday, January 9, 2012

Smudgy Antics Challenge

today is the beginning of another challenge at the Smudgy Antics blog
the challenge this week is Recycle Something
so I recycled a parmesan cheese jar, and made it into a toy for my lil one

I stamped out all my grumpies on shrinky dink paper with stazon ink, then shrunk them and threw them in this jar with different kinds of glitter, and some silver and blue beads from a necklace, and some purple stuff I got on a Christmas present (thanks BD) I then filled it with water and some glycerin, I then hot glued the lid (so it wont come open and make a big mess) and there I have a snow globe shaker toy thing.

not sure if I made it for the lil one or the hubs and me:)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Hooked on crafts: try something new (first time making a snow globe)
Lexi's Creations: anything goes
Polly craft challenge: anything but a card
Stamps R Us: anything goes
Truly madly crafty challenges: Anything goes

9 comments:

ike said...

Cool - that's different :-) Love the sparkles xxxxxxxxxxx

Monique's art said...

great Idea, love the grumpies so this is an awesome project

Heather said...

What a great idea- I've seen those with cute stuff or fish but never with a SI twist. Fantastic!

Glenda Atkins said...

So creative, I just love this idea and how your project turned out (messy or not in the making):) Bet your DD loved it, - wow. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lexi's Creations!

Jackie Thomas said...

This is so cool. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing and joining us at HOC.
Hugs Jackie

~Lady B~ said...

Super clever idea! Love all the glitter and sparkles!

Carol L said...

Very clever use of a recycled jar! Thanks for playing along with Stamps R Us!

NanaConnie said...

Very clever project, Kapree! So glad you decided to play in the Anything Goes challenge at Lexi's Creations and hope to see you again for the next challenge.
NanaConnie LC DT

Joey said...

This is such a clever project! thanks for joining us at pollycraft. JOEY X