Thursday, April 17, 2014

Alone again

today is the new release hop for Smeared Ink's I Loved Alone images!
these were some great images to work with! be sure to check out what all the ladies have created (the blog hop list is at the end of my post)

for my creation I played in my art journal a bit, I took the title of the images and was inspired by a song (surprise surprise) the song is Alone Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
I  made the background with a gelli plate (homemade) and then I colored my Loved Alone Octopus with some colored pencils, and wrote my lyrics on my page and there I have it...so much fun to make...and I love these octopus images...they are so fun! 
be sure to check out the rest of the hop for your chance to get this digi set for free!



 photo DTButtonApril2014_zpsfa628662.jpg

12 comments:

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

He is so cool! Poor guy down there, all alone :(
Great art journal page!

LisaVeronica said...

very creative! that octopus looks so funny :P XX

LeslieRahye said...

I love that octopus! great journal page!

Matney said...

Your Octopie rocks! Love how image pops from your wonderful background. Great colors and textures. Will have to look into that song. Awesome page!

Ellis said...

Cool background you created for the octopus, looks like he's down in the dark ocean!
Hugs, Elenor

Unknown said...

I thing my favorite part is the outer part of the page. I don't know why, but I am totally drawn to it. It all ties in so well with the lyrics. Love the page.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Homemade gelli plate? Do tell.
Great journal page!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Stunning project and I love this cute lil Octopus :) xx

Shelley said...

That background is stunning, certainly the perfect backdrop to showcase the image. Love it! Xxx

steffi said...

Love this - have never used a gelli plate but really like the effect it gives :-)

blackdragon said...

Amazing gelli plate background Kapree....and I remember that song.
Lovely journal page.
Love always xxx

Teresa said...

he is an awesome octopus - I love his monocle x