Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Peek a boo geisha

Happy Hump Day!!! today is the Bombshell Hump Day hop brought to you by the bombshells and their lovely hostess Alison! for the theme this month we got to use "Textures and Layers!"here is what I have created
 
I used the  "Peek-A-Boo Geisha" she is a digi image and I printed her out and then used another stamp I had for her umbrella (like I needed another design she comes with two super cute options...I mostly did it just to see if it would fit...you know me I have to be different)  so I colored my geisha and her umbrella, then I made an embossed circle with swirls in it and made them a blue/teal color...made some background paper with my big ginko leaf stamp...then I made some lil circles with Japanese writing on them...typed up my Happy B-day senti in some Asian looking font. and added more colors and layers some pink brads, and I just love how it turned out! oh and I followed the bombshell sketch for this month! I love sketches and there's nothing like two birds with one stone :)

now off you go to Jenn's blog...unless you come here first then you'll want to start at the beginning and see the layery textury fun!

here is the full blog roll

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Desert Island Crafts Challenge-  1-circle punch, 2-oriental everything, 7-blue swirls, 10-B-day senti

7 comments:

Kim said...

Love this! Beautiful work! The embossed swirls look great behind the geisha, and the circles and font are awesome.

deniserows said...

the background idea i'm stealing. and the circle punch i never use i can use like you did

Anonymous said...

Great card! The colors you've chosen for this Asian card go all so well togeheter, I love the pink/green combo.

Alison said...

This is SO pretty, Kapree! I LOVE the image you've used on her parasol. It looks like it was meant for it! Great job with this challenge, and thank you for playing along with DICC too!

Kathi said...

Gorgeous!

I love the way you colored the Peek-a-Boo Geisha and also love the image you put in the parasol. You'd never know that wasn't one of the ones included in the set!

Jenn Borjeson said...

LOVE your creation, my friend, thanks for joining us at DICC! :)

Sharon said...

Just beautiful! I love the geisha image am visiting for the Bombshell Hop and also thanks for playing along at DICC !