Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Somebody that I used to know

I have another art journal page to share with you
This one is clearly inspired by the music video Gotye- Somebody That I Used To Know

if you haven't heard this song you must! it is awesome!!! I downloaded it and now neither me nor the hubs can get enough...seriously I just had it on repeat like 5 times :)

for this page I made all the lines...not sure what to call them...but they are shapes, and it was fun...then I took out my acrylic paints in browns silvers and greens, and painted all the spaces, I printed out my girly pin-up (from Ike's Art) and colored her hair then painted her skin to match, after everything was dry I wrote the lyrics in some of the spaces and took out my cuttlebug and cut out the title to the song...I really like how it turned out and it was so much fun to do...you may see something similar in the future.

oh ya the reason I chose this music video is well I didn't choose it Smeared and Smudged did...every month they have a new video to inspire us to create..its called the Rock N Rolla challenge.

I would also like to enter this page in the following challenges:

4 comments:

Carol W. said...

Awesome journal page!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, love the way you made this one with the shapes Kapree
hugs June x

Crafting Queen said...

Super pages. Thanks for your lovley comment on my card. :)

MReding said...

Kapree, is this from your "book"? These pages are awesome but the whole book is amazing. Your talent is incredible.